The Importance of a Quality Container Designed for Long-Term Cannabis Storage
When I was a teen, I stored my pot in one of those little black and grey plastic containers used to hold a single roll of film. If I was feeling fancy, I might use a Sucrets tin. And both of those worked great for their intended purpose – which was to hide what was inside. But now that I’m old enough to reminisce, my needs have changed. I don’t want to just hide my stash — I want to preserve it. I want to keep it fresh. I want to keep the product that I’ve spent my hard-earned money on in the most optimum conditions possible. Those old ways just won’t do (and not just because film containers and mint tins have gone the way of the dinosaurs.) If you’re still keeping your cannabis in a plastic baggie, or even the container it came in from the dispensary, you are doing yourself a grave disservice by not utilizing cannabis humidity storage. Let’s talk about why CVault is the best for long term storage of cannabis.
If you’re going to make use of all of your product the very night you purchase it, or even within a day or two, truth is that where you put it won’t matter much. But any longer than a day and it’s going to matter. A lot. The two biggest problems that can occur from improper cannabis storage are that your weed can dry out or your weed can mold.
Dried-out marijuana affects the trichomes that produce cannabinoids and terpenes. In simpler terms, that means you’re going to start to lose that delicious aroma. It won’t taste as good. And the potency will be affected — which means that the high you’re going for will be far less awesome and far less powerful.
Moldy marijuana? Well, that can literally make you sick. Smoking or vaping flower that contains fungi or bacteria can result in an allergic reaction, create respiratory problems, leave you feeling nauseated, make you have chest pains, and, in cases where one has a severely weakened immune system — yup, it is possible that it could even kill you. Unlikely … but still.
Knowing The Facts
With age comes wisdom so now I know better. Those little film containers I used to use were no bueno because the plastic sucked. Literally. It sucked all the goodness right out of my stash and had an inherent static charge that fried all of those beautiful little hairs on my cannabis buds which were what determined the taste and smell. And those Sucrets tins I loved? Not a good choice either. Sure, metal was better than plastic — but it was far from airtight. So while I will always carry a special place in my heart for both those objects, I now realize that neither was an appropriate container for long-term cannabis storage. The 4 biggest contributors to the degradation of cannabis are light, humidity, temperature, and oxygen. When storing your product, these are the things you should be thinking about:
- Light: Seek out the sun when you’re chasing a tan but avoid it like the plague when it comes to your green. While direct sunlight is the worst, even indirect light can be detrimental to cannabis. It’s all about protecting those trichomes. You damage those babies and you lose quality and potency.
- Heat: Too high of a temp and your beautiful little buds are transformed into brittle shake that smokes harsher and produces a far less quality buzz. 77°F is about the max you can go before seriously damaging your goods.
- Cold: Just like Goldilocks, you don’t want it too hot — but you don’t want it too cold either. This is why your friends who tell you to store your stash in the freezer are so terribly, terribly wrong. Going anywhere below 40°F and your trichomes are going to fall off, which might be awesome if you’re making bubble hash but it’s not so good when it comes to storing your smokable.
- Oxygen: Goldilocks again — Too much air and your bud degrades at a rapid rate. Too little air and your humidity is off and you risk mold. And speaking of humidity …
- Humidity: Humidity is the state of air when it’s full of vapor. Once again, it’s all about balance. You want the perfect moisture contact which, when it comes to cannabis, is somewhere between 58% and 62%.
So I’ve told you what to avoid with cannabis humidity storage – no plastic, nothing that isn’t airtight, no cold freezers, no warm wet bathrooms – so where exactly should you keep your stash? After you’ve spared no expense, time or effort to procure the very best cannabis flower available to you, and you want the last leaf to smoke as good as the first— now what?
What if I told you that you live in an age where the genius of modern technology has combined with the appreciation for the wonder plant that is marijuana and created for you what is virtually the world’s most perfect long-term storage cannabis container …?
I know, that’s a big sell — but that’s exactly what FreshStor has done and what CVault is. It is the world’s smartest curing and storage container, no thinking required! CVault is constructed from 304 food-grade stainless steel. It’s easy to clean, completely odor-proof, and pretty enough that you don’t need to hide it. It has amazingly powerful latches, comes in a variety of sizes, and has incredibly reasonable pricing, especially when you consider that each CVault purchase includes a Boveda humidity pack – which combined with the airtight seal makes CVault the ultimate choice in premium cannabis humidity storage. It not only optimizes your new stuff but can even refresh and revive your old stuff. Not to mention the fact that your CVault may last you a lifetime. No joke. These babies are tough. Not even fire can destroy them, as our customer Robert S. can attest.
So as you know better, do better. Store your stash in the manner it deserves with the highest quality cannabis humidity storage solution. Buy yourself a CVault today.