How to Cure a Weed Hangover
Most people associate the term “hangover” with alcohol — It’s that awful way you feel in the morning after drinking too much. But what is a weed hangover? Some people say there is no such thing, that there are no side-effects associated with a night of even potentially excessive consumption of pot. There’s no hard evidence that it exists, as scientific studies have provided conflicting results. But the bottom line is that studies don’t matter if you’re feeling less than your best the day after you’ve indulged in perhaps a little too much cannabis. You just want to feel better. And FreshStor is here to help with our favorite tips on how to cure a weed hangover.
What is a weed hangover?
It really is the luck of the draw. Some people can smoke all day every day and be ready to go again without ever having had a single negative experience. Some people report waking up the next day feeling like garbage after partaking of an amount of marijuana that didn’t even seem excessive. Those unlucky folk who have felt less than awesome the morning after have reported symptoms such as:
- Dry eyes
- Brain fog
- Light sensitivity
- A lingering “high” sensation
How to cure a weed hangover
That’s the million-dollar question, right? You’re here because you want to know how to cure a weed hangover, and we deliver.
- Drink it up. Make H2O your new best friend. Maybe add a slice of lemon or sparkling water. Take it to the next level with the addition of caffeine by having some coffee or tea to boost that energy and stimulate your mind. But whatever you do, hydrate.
- Breathe it in. Step outside and get some fresh air. Maybe take a brisk walk. Take some big ol’ deep breaths that fill your lungs and get some oxygen into your system. That will not only help your body but your mind as well and clear away any mental fogginess.
- Stretch it out. Roll out that yoga mat if you have one, or simply find a carpeted area and do some gentle stretches. Some backbends. Add some meditation or visualization as you see fit. And don’t forget to breathe. As little as 5 minutes can leave you feeling better and more invigorated.
- Chow it down. Nourish yourself with a good, solid, healthy breakfast. Make it minimally processed and nutrient-rich. Even if you wake up not feeling particularly hungry, a power breakfast can be an excellent weed hangover cure.
- Cool it off. Never underestimate the power of a good shower. Refresh your senses with the coolness of the water cascading down upon you, and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of warm water massaging you and loosening tight muscles.
- Add some CBD. Consider it “the hair of the dog.” This non-intoxicating compound of the cannabis plant can relieve anxiety without making you high. You can ingest some CBD in an edible or oil, smoke or vape, supplement or topical.
Prevent the need for a cure
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Now that we’ve covered a bunch of ways to feel better after your overly-green night, let’s talk about how to prevent a weed hangover if you are prone to such a thing.
- Your strain. Weed hangover symptoms can occur when you choose the wrong strain for the wrong occasion so think it through. Most of us think of cannabis in two types, indica and sativa. Indica produces more of a body high, sativa more of a head high. Taking indica in the daytime, especially before an activity, may zap your energy. Taking a sativa before bedtime can keep your brain overstimulated and mess with your sleep. You also might consider trying Delta-8 THC, a chemical compound from hemp that some people consider to be a lighter version of Delta-9 THC. It has the same main psychoactive ingredient that can take the edge off and provide body relaxation without making you feel totally stoned. If you are experiencing weed hangovers regularly, Delta 8 may be a more fitting choice for you.
- Your product. Edibles are a delicious way to get your buzz on — but dosing can be tricky. You may be more susceptible to a weed hangover after ingesting edibles if they metabolize more slowly within the body and, if you ate a lot of them, may still be present in your system the next morning. Consuming cannabis in edible form can have far more long-lasting effects. So maybe smoke up instead. Or vape. Many say vaping not only produces a much cleaner high but virtually eliminates any degree of brain fog both during and after.
- Your levels. THC is the mood-altering component within your pot that is responsible for that high feeling. With modern testing technology and more informative packaging, you can see exactly what you’re getting. THC-heavy strains with 20% or more THC may be the culprits when suffering from some next-day ill effects. You can now find strains that, in addition to THC, have CBD as well. Anecdotally, the higher the CBD to THC ratio, the less likely you are to feel hungover.
- Your consumption. It’s 2022. There’s no longer any need to party like it’s 1999. It’s important with weed, as it is with everything, to know your limits. If you’re prone to cannabis hangovers, don’t get high before an important meeting or event. Learn your limits as well as your tolerance levels. Using pot daily could not only build up your tolerance levels but in some individuals can lead to addiction. Be careful what substances you mix with your ganja. Getting high while consuming alcohol or other drugs could feel good in the moment but not so much the day after. It’s wonderful to live in the moment — but you also need to look at the big picture. Knowing and accepting the boundaries of your body is the best way to enjoy all the benefits of the cannabis plant without experiencing any hangover symptoms.
The FreshStor team loves cannabis. That’s why FreshStor created the revolutionary CVault and EVault product lines in the first place — to enable every cannabis lover out there to have the perfect no-thinking-required ultimate cannabis storage solution for all their plants and extracts. Proper storage means longer shelf-life and protected potency. FreshStor is here to help you with your pot storage needs — and hopefully now helped a little with any weed hangover issues as well. Here’s to living your very best life!