How to Clean Your EVault and CVault Storage Containers
If you care about your flower buds, spices, and plant extracts, you already have an EVault or CVault. That means you need to know the best system for maintaining your storage containers. Extending the life of your product is as simple as cleaning it.
Follow these guidelines for cleaning your EVault and CVault storage containers. By doing so, you’ll keep them looking and performing as well as the day you unboxed them.
How to Clean Your Storage Containers
- Step 1: FreshStor recommends washing CVaults and EVaults by hand. Use a mild detergent, warm water and soft cloth. We also recommend Alconox Citranox Phosphate-Free Concentrated Cleaner and Metal Brightener.
- Step 2: Wash your container with warm soapy water, and then give it a long rinse.
- Step 3: Wipe down the interior and the exterior of the storage containers with a soft cloth. You can (and should) clean your CVault and EVault products after every use.
More CVault & EVault Cleaning Tips
- Don’t wash your EVault and CVault storage containers in the dishwasher. Dish detergents are harsh on the steel and will result in discoloration. The extreme heat and water pressure can lead to corrosion and tarnishing. Always wash them by hand. (Note that EVault documentation says it’s safe for the dishwasher. FreshStor still recommends you hand wash the EVault for best results.)
- Don’t use steel wool, wire brushes, or any other kind of abrasive cleaning tools on your products. These tools can scratch the stainless steel and hurt the integrity of the containers. Some cleaners are also very abrasive and can leave marks on stainless steel. Keep scouring powders away from the CVault and EVault. Bleach and ammonia can also damage stainless steel.
- Always make sure to remove all your product from the CVault or EVault before cleaning it. Don’t leave your valuable plant materials in the container if you want to keep them.
- Between cleanings, users can wipe down the CVault and EVault with isopropyl alcohol wipes. This is a good way to clean the storage containers when you don’t have access to running water. Stainless steel can often be a magnet for fingerprints, water spots, and smudges. These wipes are great to keep on your hand if you like your containers looking flawless.
- Make sure to dry your CVault or EVault with a soft cloth until it is completely dry. This helps to stop water spots from appearing. Make sure they are completely dry before putting your valuable products inside. Even a small amount of moisture can affect your flower buds, spices, and plant extracts.
- Cleaning your EVaults and CVaults helps to maintain the integrity of the products inside. Part of the beauty of the EVault and CVault systems is their ability to keep the products inside free from impurities.
- For particularly challenging stains, make a paste of baking soda and water. Use a cloth to rub the paste on the spot and rinse with warm water until the stain lifts. Only use baking soda and water for very stubborn stains, not regular cleanings.
Cleaning Your EVault and CVault Storage Containers
Follow these cleaning tips for CVaults and EVaults to keep your storage containers shining. Cleaning the storage containers will make the containers last longer and perform better. That means you’ll have fresh product every time you open the latch.